8/25/10

yay! pics!

Okay, Lisa is right. I can't be upset with my 2nd place finish. It wasn't an easy course- and if I was in my old age group, I would have taken second there as well.  Plus, I haven't really done any real sprint training. In the last two months post-Ironman I think I've gone running all of a dozen times. Mostly through the woods. Oops.  (Still petrified of the upcoming Olympic race though)

Okay, so there was a driver arrested on the bike course the other day.  I'm cruising along at about 20mph and I hear squealing tires and a revving engine behind me. "Great, I think. An a-hole driver" The guy comes zipping by me so close that I nearly got knocked over by his wind. FREAKED ME OUT. And the he brakes, and starts swerving all over the road ahead. I see another athlete in at the top of the hill in front of me an think "crap, this guy is going to get hit!" as the hill turns sharp left.  The car dodges and weaves and appears to be intentionally getting in the way of the cyclist. Then he floors it through the intersection and I see the Sheriff's patrol up ahead spin around, wave his hands and start shouting. Now, I'm not sure how he got the guy to stop... but when I got up to the top of the hill he had the driver's door open and was reaching in and a stream of expletives coming from the car (cop or driver, not sure). I come to  find out later that the guy was arrested right there and hauled off to jail. He had intentionally been trying to run cyclists off the road! Seriously? Nothing better to do at 8am on a back road outside Kent/Covington? If he had hit anyone, you can almost guarantee it would have killed them.  Shivers!


Anyway, some pics from Sunday:
Chatting with some girls before the race
i LOOOVE deep water starts!



Coming out of the water.... ew.

Let's go Casper!


Finishing a hilly course
Up the hill and out on the run


Yay! Finish line..... so close!




AND DONE!


So.. as you can see by these pics, I'm FAR from being in shape for kicking some butt in an Olympic in um, three weeks. EEK!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for pics! It's a pain putting them up, but so much fun for your READERS to see :). You did great!

    ReplyDelete