8/4/10

the music in my mind

I’ve never been a huge music person. I like it and all, and from time to time there were songs that were incredibly relevant in my life at the time they were released and others that hold great memories for me. But lately, it seems nearly every song I hear speaks to me. I always want to have my headphones on, downloading from iTunes or streaming from Pandora on my phone. I’ve even started wearing them more when I run, and waking up to music instead of getting ready in silence. Augustana- “Sunday Best” and “Boston” Kate Voegele- pretty much the entire “Don’t Look Away” album. Tons of songs by 311, Andy Davis, Jason Mraz, Kelly Clarkson “Since U Been Gone” Train, Eminem… it keeps going.


I’m not sure what has sparked this need to be in another world so much. Half the time it puts me in such a mood that I just want to be alone and sit in the dark. The other half it makes me think and want to be around people I love and create fabulous memories. It does however tend to focus me at work. Definitely a plus. Speaking of… must go work on some Inpatriate payroll issues!

1 comment: