8/7/10

Road rash kit

Jacque took a tumble the other day at indoor soccer. Left her with a nice turf burn on her elbow and knee. Of course she came to me to ask how to bandage it. And of course I had some gauze pads and lots of tape and wrap.  Who needs Walgreens when you've got Bri-greens? Bri-Aid? Britell's?  I really am the local pharmacy.  I got to thinking that I really should put together a road rash kit. One of these days I'm going to take a tumble and it's not going to be pretty.  Some distilled water to rinse it out, a brush to remove any rocks or grime, lots of gauze and tape and of course something for me to bite down on while someone else is doing the cleaning.  The thought of it sends shivers down my spine.  I can see it now... I stumble in the door covered in blood and dirt, grab the kit, grab a roommate and plop my fully clothed self into the bathtub and wait for the pain.  Oh, it will hurt. And be gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment