7/7/10

i wish...

I wish I was funny. Like really funny, all the time. Always with something witty and relevant to say. But, alas, I am not. Sure, I'm funny enough. And depending on who you are, you'll get to see different levels of my funny.  I'm constantly cracking up my family since I'm so comfortable around them I just blurt things out. My friends- depends on their sense of humor- and how much I'm really feeling them at that point they know I'm relatively funny. A guy I dated once. He thought I was funny enough. It usually took him off guard though. He commented once "I never noticed how funny you are!" Nice. I should have known then it was doomed. Just like the time I got pooped on by a bird at dinner outside in Kirkland, and then the guy broke up with me on a boat the next day. These are signs that I shouldn't ignore.

Anyway, I wish I was funny. I think I'm pretty funny. Unfortunately, most of my funny/witty thoughts come to me while I'm working out/training.  Joram has been the recipient of strange comments "I no longer fear the pain of childbirth because of Ironman" I didnt' even remember saying that until I saw he had quoted me on his blog. (Shout out to Nine Minutes on Tumblr)  And living with me for two years he saw it all. There's actually a picture of me with my head in a mixing bowl, licking every last drop.  Yup, that guy probably has some good blackmail on me. 

But rarely do I make people laugh out loud. Like really laugh. However, I can recall several times that I've made myself laugh so hard while running or riding that I've nearly fallen off my bike, or gotten so out of breath running that I had to stop.

I was thinking about this today while riding. I also have the best ideas to blog about while I'm riding.  I wish I could take notes! Today I was thinking about the snake I saw the other day while I out running. Shivers just thinking about it. Even though it was only about six or eight inches long- and I think it was dead- I jumped over it like it was a rattler.  Anyway,  I was thinking about how I needed to start keeping track of the snakes I see because it seems like there's more than there used to be and wouldn't you know it, in the middle of the road another snake. Dead. I still let out a frightened squeal and peddled away quickly. This one was over a foot long and black and red. Shivers again thinking about it.   About  a mile down the road I decided that I'm going to wear my swim lap counter on a ride one day (little tiny finger watch) and count the roadkill. And since the timer keeps going, I'll get an average of about how many minutes there is between dead creatures on the road.  Okay, maybe I won't do that. It seems kind of morbid. And just plain gross.

How did I get from wanting to be funny, to thinking about counting roadkill? I need more sleep! It's supposed to be 93 tomorrow. That's crazy hot in Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment