7/25/10

Bri's First Olympic

I feel like I should have a doll made to commemorate this upcoming day! I went ahead and registered for an Olympic distance triathlon in September in Lake Stevens. I can't even begin to describe how excited I am for this- my first time at this distance. Yup, I've done the other three- varying stages of sprint, a 70.3 and a 140.6. Somehow this distance (I think it would be a 31.1??) I've always passed up. So, a .9 mile swim, 24 mile bike and a 6.2 mile run (I've also never done a 10k).  I'm not setting any lofty goals for this - an easy three hours should do it.
Broken down,
.9 mi swim = approx 30 min
24 mi bike= approx 80 min
6.2 mi run = approx 60 min
total time: 2:50

I think that's reasonable since it's only seven weeks away, yikes! I have a couple sprint distances I want to do between now and then too. New courses, time for a challenge :)

1 comment:

  1. I think you've got 2:50 in the bag!

    After training and finishing your second Ironman (heck yeah!!) I would think that shorter distances and some speed work will be a nice change of pace.

    ReplyDelete