10/6/09

love the new shoes!

Jacque and I did a short trail run last night (just under three miles) and I'm so glad we did. Mondays are typically my "off" days but I was on a plane for part of today and did not get a workout in, nor much movement in general. In fact, I'm eating Del Taco and gummy bears for dinner. Horrible!

Anyway, I think Jacque is a convert now too. It's definitely even better running with someone else. Just enough chatting to keep from getting too bored, but little enough that the sounds were primarily the crunching of leaves and twigs under out feet and our breathing. And the ocassional yelp as one of slipped or tripped.

I'm in SoCal right now. For the past four hours. All I've done is pick up the rental car, check into the hotel, drive all over while the sun was setting trying to find a place to eat. There are millions of places but I didn't want to break my budget on the first night, or go somewhere that I would feel totally awkward dining by myself. So, I got fast food to-go and came back to the hotel to watch 90210 and Biggest Loser. Judge me!

Tomorrow I plan on getting in a run early and then trying to meet up with my cousins for a bit. I haven't seen any of them in years even though I'm in Cali once a year. Oh, Cali driving. The land of the U-turn.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to meet up with some friends for a beer @ 10, or get to bed and relax and get up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment