10/21/09

it was bound to happen...

I've been what one might consider a "distance runner" since probably fall 2005. About 4 years now. But I've always hopped on the treadmill for 1 to 5 miles since late high school. Running isn't exactly new to me. I've done sports my whole life that usually involved some sort of running, sprinting, jumping or gracefulness.

Last night I decided to go to the gym at work, get in a couple miles on the treadmill and then go home and ride my bike on the trainer for a bit. The weather has been terrible, but I'm in my off-season so I'm taking full advantage of being able to plan my workouts last minute and do exactly what I like.

So, I'm running along on the treadmill at about an 8:30 mile pace, nothing too speedy, but quick enough for me. Jacque is on the treadmill to my right and another guy is two down on my left. And four other people are engaged in various activity around the small gym. Jacque hops off the treadmill to get some water and I continue watching the History channel. An oh so riveting program about Titan (one of Saturn's moons) and their liquid is really methane gas due to the cold etc, etc. Seasons last 7 years, lakes form, etc.... I was actually pretty interested in it. Until out of nowhere...
CRASH, THUMP, BOOM, SPLAT Somehow! I tripped and went down and was flung off the treadmill into the wall behind me. And NO ONE SAW!!! I'm still not sure how it happened. I asked the Guard Station to pull the tape for me, so hopefully they can do that. I have a small burn on my left knee and hit just above my left eye pretty good on something. Luckily no black eye- although that would have been a great story.

And what do I do after this all happens? Jump up, give a gymnastics salute and call out "I'm okay! I'm okay!! Did anyone see that???" Damn, no one did, but they sure are laughing at me! I got back on and walked for a few minutes and then started running, at which point I was laughing so hard I almost did it again. I was done.

Brilliant, Bri, Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment