5/1/09

navigational morons

Well, I'm ready for the run on Sunday. As ready as I will be I guess. I'm still so jet-lagged that I didn't get a run in today. I slept in until about 8:30 at which point I got up and had some yogurt with Emily. When I finally looked outside, it was pouring! Like, Seattle downpour! Yuck.

So, instead, I hung out with my nieces this morning. We watched the Curious George movie- twice. After my b-i-l headed to work, my sister and I got the kids ready and headed downtown. Okay, so I've only been downtown into Pittsburgh once before. And my sister is terrible with directions and doesn't drive in the city. We checked the map and figured "Convention Center" piece of cake. Take one of the bridges right into downtown and there will be signs. Well, downtown Pitt is not easily navigated. For me at least. We wound up going the wrong way at first with comments of "really? it's a big building, there will be signs! for the center AND the run!" Finally, we found it, parked and the kids were of course fast asleep. Emily slept through the entire thing. Lilly woke up and batted her eyelashes at everyone. I was so excited, I got to listen to Bill Rodgers speak for a bit. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet him, and we got overly lost on the way to Fleet Feet Sports so I didn't get to see him there either. Bummer.

However, I did pick up a pair of compression leg sleeves. Not sure I'll wear them on Sunday, but I'm at least excited to wear them on the flight home on Tuesday and see if this helps with the ridiculous swelling I experience when I fly. Cankles! I get serious cankles!!

Anyway, hoping to get a run in tomorrow morning before we head back downtown. We want to get a better idea of the parking situation since my sis and I are complete navigational morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment