4/30/09

humidity wins

I arrived in Pennsylvania yesterday morning around 8am. I was so exhausted leaving Detroit that I don't even remember pushing back from the gate. Luckily, the plane was pretty empty so I had an entire row to myself so I could stretch out. Sweet!

After my sister and her girls picked me up and we hit up Starbucks, I went to bed. Emily decided to take a nap with me. In a twin bed. It was actually really sweet. She cuddled up with me and sang me to sleep. And then I awoke to her repeatedly brushing my hair off my cheek and forehead.

It was slow going yesterday. We took plenty of time getting ready, and I took advantage of playing with the kiddos. I won Lilly over playing airplane. Although, as a 9 month old, she still only really likes Mommy and Daddy. Emily, however, only wants Auntie B. Except when tell her not to do things like kick her sister.

Yesterday we ran some errands and did some grocery shopping. I made a fabulous dinner or whole wheat penne pasta, chicken, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, mushrooms, red peppers and water chestnuts in an olive oil sauce. I loved it. My sister was okay with it. Emily picked pasta out of my bowl. And then it was an early night for me.

This morning I slept in until about 9:30, even though I could hear a tiny voice "B? Wake up, B" Anyway, I finally got up, scarfed down a banana and went for a run. OMG. It was pretty warm. And humid. And hilly. Downtown Pittsburgh- flat. Pleasant hills- HILLS. I only made it about 2.6 miles and was drenched in sweat and my heart rate out of control. Anyway, I came back and shortly after, a downpour started that came and went for the rest of today.

Sunday is definitely going to be a difficult time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing a 20k tomorrow (which I'm feeling under trained for and geeked out about) and a half marathon at the end of the month.

    Good luck on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete