5/16/09

oh sunny day!

It's such a lovely day and I have nothing better to do right now than to sit on my balcony and watch my cat explore- so I might as well post about my ride today.

First of all- the things I had to write about before.

1) I was out running in my neighborhood the other day, less than a mile into a 3.5 mile loop that takes me around the grocery store. I was running on the shoulder of a pretty busy road and ahead I see a cyclist coming towards me. Then I realized- it's not a bicyclist- it's a unicyclist! Fabulous! Except, as he passes by me, I see that both of his knees are bloodied. Awww

2) I'm a moron. I went for a ride last Sunday and since I didn't want to deal with my hill on the way back I drive the couple miles to a trail head of the trail that runs around Lake Washington. I venture off the trail into the next couple towns and basically have a great ride. As I return to the parking lot, I see my roommate leaving so we chat for a minute. I then change my shoes, put my bike on my roof, finish my second water bottle, check my cell phone and hop in the car and drive away. About halfway home it hits me that I didn't put my front wheel in my car!!! U-TURN!!! Get out of my way you slow drivers! I go flying back to the parking lot and there in the middle of the spot I had been parked in- my front wheel. A few people laugh as I jump out of my car and grab it. Oops!

3) My awesome friends. So, there's three people at work that I've been running with and "convinced" to run a half marathon. It didn't really take too much. So, I found and modified some training programs to fit their schedules. We've been running together and I've been giving them advice and stories about races and kind of letting them know what they might expect. The other day I get a meeting invite from one of them. And at 4:30- suddenly they're all in my cubicle. "Um. hi guys" And basically they tell me that they wanted to say thanks for keeping them motivated and getting them to do this and all that good stuff. And Jacque pulls a huge gift bag out. Immediately I start blushing. They got me a hooded sweatshirt that says "Coach" on the front left chest, and across the back says "Coach Caldara" How cute are they. They're always saying "Coach, how far are we running today" "Is this a good idea Coach?" and such. It's become such a joke that I just started almost talking third person "Coach doesn't think you should run if your knee is sore" Stuff like that. They almost made me cry. Seriously.

And tomorrow I will post about my ride today. It started terribly. Got worse and then ended wonderfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment