5/19/09

sunscreen is your FRIEND

Disclaimer: 9 times out of 10 I wear sunscreen when I go out for a run if a nice warm day (yes, I know I should wear it in the winter too)


However, Sunday morning I was feeling the effects of a really good Saturday night. I mean, REALLY good night. Anyway, I got home and decided that I'd take out my P2C for an hour long ride. It was warm, after noon and I was in a hurry. As soon as I got down to the trail and started riding I remembered that I forgot sunscreen. I decided that it wasn't going to be a major issue and kept riding. Well, see below for the horrifying consequences and really, the picture does no justice to the actual coloring. (please ignore my love handles):




Yup. Good times. I was back for another BBQ at the same location on Sunday night as I was Saturday and they have now taken back my nickname of "Casper" Not exactly the way I wanted to lose the name. Oh well, Sunday night was also a wonderful night. Possibly the best weekend of the year thus far.

Anyway, today is Tuesday and I stayed home from work. Just felt kinda blah this morning. My feeling and mood was probably egged on by the crappy day here. After several days of sunshine- back to grey clouds and rain in Seattle. Oh well, it makes us that much happier for sunny days.

Oh! And I just found out where I'll be as a volunteer at Ironman CDA this summer. I've been put on finish line t-shirts. Everyone kept telling me to try to get somewhere that I'd be done early, but really? What's more rewarding than being right there at the finish line? I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment