5/29/09

motor? or bi?

Last night I had my first opportunity to ride on the back of a motorcycle. Not a full on Harley or anything, just a Honda sport bike. And I loved it! I know I wasn't the best passenger ever- but I definitely wasn't the worst. I think my problem was that I'm used to being on my bicycle where I'm in charge, where I watch the corners and judge my own braking and speed. Instead, I was on the back, slipping back on my seat every time we accelerated and trying not to crash into my chauffeur every time he braked.

Although, the first time I got on my Cervelo (and subsequently every time it's been awhile) I got nervous. Like I'd never ridden a bicycle before in my life. So, after the ride I got a pat on the back and a "good job and don't worry, you'll get more comfortable as we ride more" At least I didn't get a "heck no! you're never going out again!" So, I consider it a complete success.

And afterwards, we washed my car. Lovely.

I do hate to admit though, I skipped my workout last night for that. And I'm skipping again tonight to meet some friends for drinks at Green Lake. A local hot spot when the sun starts shining.

At least I'm making up for it tomorrow morning. Early. With an 18 to 20 mile run.

Yesterday morning I met with a nutrionist. Just wasn't feeling that I'm fueling or recovering correctly. I'll have more on that this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment