5/27/09

more POWER

I've decided I really need more strength and power in my legs. So, I'm back to the heavy weights.

Last weekend I went for a 16.5 mile run Saturday morning and then dragged my roomie down to Lake WA with me for a 'swim' Basically, I got into the water and complained about how cold it was for a few minutes before taking a few strokes. Standing up and then complaining again. I didn't last long.

That night I was so tired that we just hung out on the couch watching basketball with a few beers. Lovely.

Sunday morning I headed up to Lake Stevens to ride the trail and part of the Half Ironman course. That's when I decided my legs are wimpy. I climbed one little hill about 30 miles in and wow, my legs were burning!!!

Great weekend for workouts though- a stretch of beautiful weather in Seattle. It's supposed to be around 70 or higher for at least the next ten days! Yay, maybe the nice weather will even last through my birthday and my first tri of the season. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment