4/5/09

taking days off

When I started training again this summer I told myself that I would always take at least one day off from training and be lazy. I figured Saturday would be the best day for that while I got things with my schedule all figured out. And now, I'm starting to think that's a bad idea. I took yesterday off (partly because I had a wedding to go to in the afternoon) and the entire day I kept asking myself why I didn't drag myself out. The weather was gorgeous!!

Well, I went from the wedding down into the city since a friend of mine was in town and I promised him I'd go out for drinks and dancing. It stayed pretty low-key but we were hanging out in Seattle until 4:30am!! So, I got home a little after 5- just in time to fall asleep and awake shortly after at sunrise and I was starving! Needless to say, I did nothing all day. I laid on the couch and watched terrible tv and movies. And now I'm really mad because I should be training much harder than I have been. Just looking at pictures, I can see how out of shape I still am. The 70.3 I did in 2007 and Ironman last summer got me into amazing shape.

To top it all off, it was 70 degrees in Seattle today! I didn't go for a bike ride, or a run. Ugh. Okay, I need to go turn off whatever Country music award show it is that I'm watching and get myself ready for weights in the AM

No comments:

Post a Comment