2/22/09

Trail Run!

This past week my roommate and I decided that it was time for us to venture off the roads and treadmills and onto some trails. This was a discussion that has taken place over a long period of time, but I think my recent Garmin Forerunner 305 purchase helped push us over the edge. Along with some persuasive suggesting from a guy at work that it would be good to help strengthen muscles and stave off boredom.

So, Major and I decided that Saturday morning, 8am, it was on. I was out with Jacque and friends Friday night, so I was forced to call out early and be home by midnight. Only of taste of the Bri they will know in the upcoming months.

So, at 7:55 we locked the front door and drove (yes, drove- no sidewalks here) to St. Edwards park. After studying the map as best we could and determining that we would NOT be trying the "difficult" paths we took off.

Needless to say, we got lost several times. Not really "lost" but unsure of which trail we were actually on. That, coupled with the constant insane beeping since I flipped the settings on my Garmin, made for a humorous run. At one point I actually turned the darn thing off on accident, so there's a nice gap in the route that I uploaded. Oops! We only actually spent about 20 minutes running, but with the frost still on the ground and this being our first time out, we felt pretty good with it.

Actually, I felt great with it. I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful thing! Trail running! What a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment