2/15/09

Chilly Ride

Finally! It was dry enough and 'warm' enough for a bike ride. Okay, so I do ride in the rain sometimes, but I'd prefer not to, especially not winter rain. I hadn't been on a bike outside since sometime in September, maybe October. I woke up this morning and the sun was shining, and when I took the recycle out it seemed pretty warm. I had put air in Casper's tires the other day, so I checked the chain and brakes and headed down to the trail for a flat easy 30 minute ride.

I love my bike!!!! I bought my Cervelo P2C (Casper) late last summer with only one race left to go so I haven't ridden it much. I stare longingly at it everyday though. It wasn't as warm as it had been at home and the clouds were rolling in, but man, that bike just begs to be ridden!!! He loves the curves.

When I finished there were some men gathering in the parking lot for their ride and they all turn and look and ones says "Wow. That looks like a fast bike!" so I say, "It tries to be!!" He comes over and asks if I'm a triathlete and then we get to talking a little about riding and bikes- to which I'm still definitely considered a novice.

It's a pretty cool feeling for people to stare at my bike- hopefully I can ride it well and do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment