2/12/09

Garmin 305

Tonight was my first official run with my new Garmin 305. Okay, so I know it's not the newest model out there, but it was free. Well, pretty much free. I had enough "reward" points at work to get it. It arrived just before the Surf City Marathon, but I held off using it knowing that I might get addicted and three days wouldn't be enough to learn it well enough to run a marathon.

So tonight after work I headed out for a short run. The weather was perfect- just crisp and clear enough to need a lightweight long-sleeved top and gloves. I haven't quite mastered the buttons on my new toy yet, and the Heart Rate settings aren't totally customized to me yet, so the beeping was a little out of control as it yelled at me to speed up or slow down, and told me my heart right was too high or too low. However, I could easily ignore it for a couple miles. It was so cool to see how my heart race or pace changed on a hill. I love it!!!

Anyway, at the end of my run I could see my average heart rate and pace. Not bad. And I loved being able to see my run mapped out and how far it actually was instead of guesstimating.

Basically- I love my Garmin 305!!!! I can't wait to learn all the functions so I can maximize it's potential.

Anyway, I just made a delicious pasta/vegetable dinner that I must go eat. Mmmm, butternut squash ravioli!

No comments:

Post a Comment