3/15/11

Ironman training is here!

Alright, today marked day #2 of training for Ironman #3.  And today sucked. I got to work at 4:30 for a call from 5-9. Then one from 10-11. One again from 1-2 (luckily got moved to tomorrow) and then a meeting from 2-4. Yes, that is a very long day.  Fortunately I only live 15 minutes from work so I was able to sleep in until 3:45. And then at 11:15 I ran 3.6 miles on the treadmill in the gym at work, and at 4:30 I went back to the gym to do 50 minutes on the LeMond stationery. 

So, some people have wondered what I tend to do for IM training. And rather than post my every movement on facebook (even though I do that anyway), I thought I'd try to keep up here to be stalked at your liking. This way you don't miss something crucial on that silly newsfeed  :)

Yesterday was day one. Of  36 weeks. It amounted to a 30 minute swim.  I followed the warm up correctly and started the main set, but wasn't feeling it so just swam through. And then I followed the cool down mostly.

Today was 35 minute run just to warm up the legs. I took it really easy, didn't want to have to do a long cool down before going back to work.  And then the 50 minutes on the bike, 20 min spin high cadence, 20 min time trial (sweat dripping- HOT!) and 10 min spin down.

I'm not tracking meters in the pool or miles on the bike, unless it's a road workout, but I'm trying really hard to keep all my indoor and outdoor miles for the year, so I'll update that from  time to time too.

Happy training, and still a happy Bri!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be stalking! :) It totally intrigues me! Good luck and happy training!

    ReplyDelete