1/8/11

Trail love!

Today I did my first trail race! I AM IN LOVE!!! I've done quite a bit of trail running over the last few years but have never done a race. Until today.  It's been raining all week in Seattle so I knew the trails would be muddy lovin'. And they for sure were. 

We were having a Seahawks playoff party at our house today, but since I'm not a big football fan, I knew I wouldn't be missing much. I got there around 2 and promptly ran into Patti K and Paul G just after picking up my bib. Perfect!! I had no idea what to expect from this course since I've never run there. They let me know it would be pretty muddy and had some good hills.

So... I finished the 5.2 miles in 47 minutes and a few seconds. So proud of myself. It was super duper hard work and I was breathing hard from start to finish and covered in mud. 

However, earlier this week I finally went to the doctor for the chest pains and difficulty breathing I've been having. And now I have an inhaler.  Soon, I will add suspenders and thick framed glasses. snort.

Eight days into 2011 and I've already done two events. Good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment