10/6/10

Nederlands

I could move here for the shoe selection alone. Everyone wears boots and skinny jeans or skirts. And I mean- EVERYone. I love it. If only I had an empty suitcase and an unlimited budget. And I've only been here ten hours!! The men are extremely attractive too.  Definitely that 'foreign' vibe that we're all familiar with- but tall and good looking.  And the bicycles!! Omg, I have to get a picture of the hundreds and hundreds of bicycles outside the train and bus stations!  And they ride everywhere. And if not on a bicycle, then on a little scooter. There's even bike/scooter lanes separate from traffic and no one wears helmets and no one gets mad. Ok, I'm sure they do. But I saw plenty of incidents today that would have had American drivers out of their cars yelling.  I only wish I spoke the language. I look so much like I should be Dutch that it's really embarrassing to have to ask  the store clerk "English??"  Oy.

Tried to add  some photos, it's not letting me at this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment