10/10/10

best day ever

I'm sitting in my hotel room in Eindhoven streaming Ironman Kona live online and listening to the drums beat outside getting ready for the Eindhoven marathon to start shortly.  It's a beautiful clear blue sky day here. I just saw this guy finish online (from the website live updates):

"Clayton Treska finishes! The amazing marine, who is still undergoing treatment for stage 4 testicular cancer, just came across the line. He only came out of the hospital in August. He was still in hospital, undergoing chemotherapy, when he finished Ironman 70.3 Hawaii. Earlier this week he told us he wanted to inspire other people with cancer. "You can't ever give up," he said. He didn't today - he's become an Ironman. "
 
He looked amazing! Watching these incredible athletes makes me even more excited to pick my next race! Another year in CDA? Or will it become a bigger event? Hmm, time will tell.
 
I'm nervous for this half marathon today. I'm not in shape, I've picked up a cold over the last few days and I've been having a muscle spasm in my right hip, running inot my right foot. I think it's from the hardness of the hotel bed. Oh well, it's only about making it to the finish line- and from what I hear, the Dutch put on a hell of a race! And if the drumming that's been going on for the last hour+ is any indication.... then it's going to be quite a show!

No comments:

Post a Comment