9/11/10

Labor Day Tri

How does Bri spend labor day? By laboring over a sprint triathlon of course!! Ok, so it's an easy sprint course and a late morning course. However, this is also the same course I did for my very first race. Ever.  And during that race I fell in love, even though I finished second to last of all women. Well, this past Monday, I came back and kicked that course's ass. For realz! :)   So, the race was an hour later than we all thought and when we were all wetsuited up at 9:45 only to find we had an hour to kill. Well, that sucked. Putting on that wetsuit is never an easy feat, plus I had all my nutrition and hydration already checked. Oops!  But, the race went awesome.

Somehow, I wound up being the first woman out on the bike even though I wasn't first out of the water. I got passed around mile 4 by a woman from Raise The Bar. I felt great coming off the bike and headed out on the run. Spectators were telling I was in second place and that first place was just ahead. And there she was! Within a half mile I caught up and took the lead- and kept it to the finish. Woohoo!!
My very first overall woman's win!!!! At the same race that five years ago  got me hooked. Needless to say I was totally stoked.















 









1 comment: