6/17/10

taper time

I'm officially in a taper for the last few days continuing through race day. And what is it doing to me? It's killing me! I'm still always hungry and not eating well- I fear I'm packing on the pounds and my bike shorts are going to split on the ride. Hmm. Actually, I probably should put extra shorts in one of my bags. Also, Sunday was supposed to be my "rest" day. Yeah... a beautiful day in Seattle and I'm not going to do ANYthing?? Probably not. I went up to the trails by the house with Jacque... and promptly proceeded to twist my left ankle. Again. Just like I did before Vegas. Just like I do almost every time I run up there. Although, this time it was like pre-Vegas. It still hurts four days later. Really not my smartest moment. So, while I have it elevated right now at work, it still noticeably aches and I haven't ran since. I guess we'll see how it goes tonight for a 4-5 miler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment