6/18/10

fueling the desire

It's strange how the things that give us the desire to "do" things changes. Sometimes almost daily. Some days I'm really bummed and just don't want to get out of bed and run. My desire is to sit by myself and eat copious amounts of junk food and never run again (and pretend that I will magically stay thin).

Other days that same thing that bums me out makes me want to run and run and run. Until I can't run any further and I have no idea where I am. Lately it's kind of been fear of Ironman motivating me. But also for the last two months it's been helping deal with some things. 

*deleted text*

But that also fuels my desire. It reminds me that I have things that I love. People that I love. Things I love to do. And that this all makes me a better person. And strengthens my character and heart.  And someday someone will appreciate all that. And if no one ever does, then I've got plenty of things to keep me busy. Goals to set. Far off places to travel to run and relax. Two beautiful little girls to be a role model for.

And speaking of... they will be here in something like 30 hours! I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment