5/9/11

updates to Ragnar

So, our Ragnar legs got rearranged a little bit, I have a downhill instead of an insane uphill and my longest leg is only 7 instead of 9.6.  I think it's a toss up with the downhill and the altitude... but instead of doing this, I'll be doing this:





I can't believe it's just over 5 weeks away!!!

On another note, I'm worried about this whole getting enough food issue. I tend to get sidetracked on the weekends. Saturday, I had a bowl of oatmeal and then half a protein shake (put the rest in the fridge while I was getting ready and forgot about it) then went for a 2 hr, or 35 mile ride.... let's count some calories here... yup, definitely in the negative. Burned around 1400 on the ride.  I headed down to mom's that afternoon, forgetting to eat before I left. No, I have no idea how. Had some cookies when I got go her place then I cooked a bomb diggity  Scallops Mascarpone dinner. Veggies. Angel food cake and strawberries. Yum.

Sunday, I had two Eggos and some coffee before we went to a movie. When we got back to Mom's I nearly passed out in the driveway. Everything went a little foggy and unstable, so I ate a granola bar and headed home.  To run 7.5 miles.  Soooo... .got back from my run and took off my shoes, patted the cat on the head and headed to the kitchen. Only to go black in the dining room, but only for a split second. Everything came clear again just before I hit the floor and smashed my elbow into a bookcase. Yup, that hurt. And my cat would definitely eat me if I died.  Or maybe he was trying to revive me by headbutting my feet and biting my toes.  Anyway, it took a couple minutes before I could get up- and yes, I ate immediately after while I iced my knees.  But ugh, it sucked. I just didn't feel right, like I couldn't breathe properly and my heart was hurting. WTH??? I've been through this already this year and it came back fine. So what's wrong with me???

2 comments:

  1. Bri! I hope you're not too bugged by the change in Ragnar AND I hope your knees won't hate you too much for the almost 1000 ft drop you'll be giving them! You will be running past deer creek resevoir on your 3rd leg where Todd and I first kissed...aww how...unnecessary to bring that up :). Sometimes I wish I had your problem of forgetting to eat...I feel like I'm thinking about food ALL of the time and I don't burn near as many calories as you do. Though feeling lightheaded, blacking out, falling, getting injured...maybe not so desirable. I hope you're ok! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa! I'm totally cool with the change. My mileage is almost the same, but instead of the 9.6 mile monster my other parts are more equal in length. I know I'm going to be hurting after this no matter what (what's wrong with us??!!) and I think I'd rather take the knee pain over the lungs since that's been my problem for most of this year already. I hate the feeling of... oh, feeling like I'm about to die!

    And, how super cute are you with your first kiss memory?! Ten years married now right? Or pretty close, yeah?

    Geez, and I can't even get a date!

    ReplyDelete