5/20/11

gah

OMG!! Ragnar is getting so close. I'm screwed. Yup. Might actually die. I ran this killer hill near work today. The one I drive twice everyday. It makes my car go "rrrrRRRRRRRRaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggg" Or something like that. Seriously. End to end, it's 1.75ish miles. And painful, and I did it end to end twice, and then kept running. Yay me!  But I felt like an idiot slowing trudging up the hill with a look of sheer torture plastered on my face, commuters driving by and smiling while silently thinking I was crazy.   :)

We've been having some decent weather around here lately. Nice enough to ride one weekend day for the last few weeks, and even the other day after work. Last weekend I just rode this paved trail that goes around the north end of the lake (27 miles end to end) on my road bike. I'm having some problems with the computer on my tri bike, either the battery is dead or something is wrong with the sensor- i can't get speed or cadence off it. BOOO. Anyway, I was just turned around at my halfway point when I passed a little family on their bikes. Dad has little girl in tow on his and Mom was leading the way with two boys between them. As I passed by, one of the boys- probably about 10 or so says loudly "WHOA! Super fit biker chick!" It was adorable! And strangely the encouragement I needed to buck up into the headwinds I was facing. Kids are cute. It was much nicer than the "Keep running b*tch" I got on the hills today from some smart mouthed teenage boys. Seriously. Who says that??? At least I can revel in the idea that they will amount to nothing and their poor parents much be oh so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment