8/15/09

Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is the half ironman. When I signed up to do this race in December I had these lofty goals of finishing the bike in three hours flat, taking a couple minutes off the swim and posting one of my better half marathon times. The other night I decided "who cares?" So what if I wind up being completely last? As long as I'm in under 8 hours. I need to just enjoy it. I love this sport and even the pain that comes with it as much as the blanket approval to eat nonstop from March to September. I know I'll finish tomorrow and I know it will likely hurt like hell at many times. My biggest concern is actually getting through the swim. Always my most fearful part- but with my shoulder bothering me a good deal during pool workouts and the number of times I've been in open water this year totalling 4, a decent time isn't promising. I can't complain though. I'm still able to do the race. So many people I know haven't been able to race due to injury or illness. This one's for you Katie.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment