8/12/09

4 days and counting!

Okay, so Half Ironman is now 4 days away. Am I still thinking that I'm unprepared?? Totally. Am I questioning if it's sane to even start the race on Sunday? Totally. Am I still sick with a terrible cough? Totally. Ugh.

What to do, what to do? If I hadn't missed two races earlier this year for weather related reasons (one toooo cold and one waaaay too hot) it'd be much easier to say no to this weekend. If I hadn't spent $200 on the entry, or been looking forward to this weekend since December, it'd also be easier to say no.

But really, how does one say no? If I don't race, I'll be in a big funk and all depressed all day and for weeks after. But if I do, I become such a nervous wreck (probably starting Friday) that I'm no fun to be around. (And btw, I don't actually race a Half Ironman, pretty much just "do").

What to do?

1 comment:

  1. So tell me more about this 1/2 iron in my honor... Will there be a commemerative patch or shirt? Perhaps you'll give motivational and inspiring speech or fist pump when you finish?

    Think it over, get back to me.

    Oh, and don't forget to kick some serious tail this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete