10/8/12

Longer runs, shorter days!

The days are definitely getting shorter. And I mean that figuratively as well as literally!  I feel like there's never time for anything.  Granted,when I lived in Seattle my commute was 15 minutes. 20 on a super rare day when traffic was terrible. Now, it's 30 minutes. At least. And the grocery stores are further, and it takes forever to get anywhere. Plan and try as I might, it takes forever to get anything done.  Plus, I think I'm getting lazier. I blame this partly that I now live in a 3 story house. So, once I'm upstairs if I've left something on the 2nd floor, it's not being retrieved until the next time I'm down there. I mean- if I remember.

But, here I am trying to start training for another Ironman, and looking at a half marathon in two weeks.  And I am TIRED!! I slept well Saturday enough night, ran 9 miles Sunday early-afternoon and afterwards all I wanted to do was sleep some more!!! I allowed myself a 30 minute nap before I dragged myself to Costco all in shambles to buy large quantities of this that I have to drag out of my trunk (the perishables did make it inside).

Training. Eating. Working. Sleeping. Having a life.  How am I a newbie at all of these things at once again??  I'm so fortunate to be gathering people in my life who understand and appreciate how important my hobbies are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment